affiliate_link

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baloney Compost Revolution

    Change is in the air.  We all feel it.  We are all fighting it and bathing in it, in our own ways.  Change highlights the unknown, and ultimately pushes us to expand into a growing faith in the universe, and even more importantly, in ourselves and each other.  We can take up our own brand of prayer and belief in a higher power, but I dare say, nothing is more settling than trust in our own ability to cope with the mysterious unknown.  “Hands that help are holier than lips that pray,”  advised Sai Baba.  We have it all within.  Yes, the world is a mess, but we are capable.
     I remember contemplating the meaning of life as a teen and having many a heated a discussion with my dad.  “You know Dad,” I would start, “Really...... all everyone wants, is to be happy. All we need to do to be happy is be treated kindly. Yet, we seem to be to preoccupied or stupid to treat each other with kindness.”  What I didn’t understand at that tender “All anyone has to do to be free in a communist country is stand up and BE free,” age was that treating people with kindness creates happiness.  Even being treated unkindly creates happiness.  Happiness is ours to have.  It is a gift we give ourselves when our tolerance becomes compassion and finally grows into love for our aggressors.  Love with solid boundaries of course. When we let our hearts move forward into love for those whose own unhappiness motivates more injustice, we reap the rewards.  We begin bathing in love.   I was often kind back then but I didn’t have compassion for those who were unkind to me.  It seemed so unfair that they could exclude me, judge me, or speak cruelly of me when I was intending to lift the world.  Actually, they’ve helped me lift myself into a deeper, more steady space of love.  The funny thing about love is...... baloney just composts..... it actually grows more love.  Love makes you feel happy and motivates you to make the world a better place.   It really is that simple.  I certainly haven’t always been quick to compost the hurtful baloney, but eventually it happens, and I find myself more easily growing soul flowers to share with everyone I encounter.
     We really are an inventive, naturally humane, and capable lot.  When we are in fear we create chaos.  When we are in love we create paradise.  I believe in us. This change is love.  In the spirit of this revolutionary time I’ve recreated one of Gandhi's famous quotes.  Be the LOVE you wish to light up the world.

             Feel the magic . . .




Sundrips

Move my soul
to the beat of LOVE
Open hearts
Open minds
Get down to business
Crack open the SUN
Let the rays fall
into our mouths
Let us eat together
Sharing it all
while it drips
off our chins

By,
Angela Light

No comments:

Post a Comment